(1) The Board of Athletic Training is created within the department and shall consist of nine members appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate.
(2) Five members of the board must be licensed athletic trainers, certified by the Board of Certification. One member of the board must be a physician licensed under chapter 458 or chapter 459. One member of the board must be a physician licensed under chapter 460. Two members of the board shall be consumer members, each of whom must be a resident of this state who has never worked as an athletic trainer, who has no financial interest in the practice of athletic training, and who has never been a licensed health care practitioner as defined in s. 456.001(4).
(3) As the terms of the members expire, the Governor shall appoint successors for terms of 4 years and such members shall serve until their successors are appointed.
(4) All provisions of chapter 456 relating to activities of the board shall apply.
(5) The board shall maintain its official headquarters in Tallahassee.