2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 10 - COMMERCE AND TRADE
CHAPTER 1 - SELLING AND OTHER TRADE PRACTICES
ARTICLE 15 - DECEPTIVE OR UNFAIR PRACTICES
PART 5 - LIMITED EDITION ART REPRODUCTIONS
§ 10-1-432 - Descriptive information
. Descriptive information
(a) Except as provided in subsections (c), (d), and (e) of this Code section, the following information shall be provided as required by Code Section 10-1-431
(1) The name of the artist;
(2) If the artist's name appears on the multiple, a statement whether the multiple was signed by the artist; or if the multiple was not signed by the artist, a statement of the source of the artist's name on the multiple, such as whether the artist placed his signature on the multiple or on the master, whether his name was stamped or estate stamped on the multiple or on the master, or was from some other source or in some other manner placed on the multiple or on the master;
(3) A description of the medium or process, and where pertinent to photographic processes, the material used in producing the multiple, such as whether the multiple was produced through the etching, engraving, lithographic, serigraphic, or a particular method or material used in photographic developing processes. If an established term, in accordance with the usage of the trade, cannot be employed accurately to describe the medium or process, a brief, clear description shall be made;
(4) If the multiple or the image on or in the master constitutes a photomechanical or photographic type of reproduction of an image produced in a different medium, for a purpose other than the creation of the multiple being described, a statement of this information and the respective mediums;
(5) If paragraph (4) of this subsection is applicable, and the multiple is not signed, a statement whether the artist authorized or approved in writing the multiple or the edition of which the multiple being described is one;
(6) If the purported artist was deceased at the time the master was made which produced the multiple, this shall be stated;
(7) If the multiple is a "posthumous" multiple, that is, if the master was created during the life of the artist but the multiple was produced after the artist's death, this shall be stated;
(8) If the multiple was made from a master which produced a prior limited edition, or from a master which constitutes or was made from a reproduction of a prior multiple or the master which produced the prior limited edition, this shall be stated as shall the total number of multiples, including proofs, of all other editions produced from that master;
(9) As to multiples produced after 1949, the year or approximate year the multiple was produced shall be stated. As to multiples produced prior to 1950, state the year, approximate year, or period when the master was made which produced the multiple and when the particular multiple being described was produced. The requirements of this paragraph shall be satisfied when the year stated is approximately accurate;
(10) Whether the edition is being offered as a limited edition, and if so the authorized maximum number of signed or numbered impressions, or both, in the edition; the authorized maximum number of unsigned or unnumbered impressions, or both, in the edition; the authorized maximum number of artist's, publisher's, or other proofs, if any, outside of the regular edition; and the total size of the edition; and
(11) Whether or not the master has been destroyed, effaced, altered, defaced, or canceled after the current edition.
(b) If the multiple is part of a limited edition and was printed after July 1, 1986, the statement of the size of the limited edition, as stated pursuant to paragraph (10) of subsection (a) of this Code section, shall also constitute an express warranty that no additional multiples of the same image, including proofs, have been produced in this or in any other limited edition.
(c) If the multiple was produced in the period from 1950 to July 1, 1986, the information required to be supplied need not include the information required by paragraphs (5) and (8) of subsection (a) of this Code section.
(d) If the multiple was produced in the period from 1900 to 1949, the information required to be supplied need only consist of the information required by paragraphs (1), (2), (3), and (9) of subsection (a) of this Code section.
(e) If the multiple was produced before the year 1900, the information to be supplied need only consist of the information required by paragraphs (1), (3), and (9) of subsection (a) of this Code section.
Graham Syfert - Jacksonville Lawyer