2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 10 - COMMERCE AND TRADE
CHAPTER 1 - SELLING AND OTHER TRADE PRACTICES
ARTICLE 22A - MARINE MANUFACTURERS
§ 10-1-676 - Definitions
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Distributor" or "wholesaler" means any person, company, or corporation who sells or distributes marine products to marine dealers and who maintains distributor representatives within the state.
(2) "Franchise" means an oral or written agreement for a definite or indefinite period of time in which a manufacturer grants to a marine dealer permission to use a trade name, service mark, or related characteristic and in which there is a community of interest in the marketing of marine products or services related thereto at wholesale or retail, whether by leasing, sale, or otherwise.
(3) "Manufacturer" means any person, firm, association, corporation, or trust, resident or nonresident, that fabricates, manufactures, or assembles new and unused marine products. It does not include a person, firm, association, corporation, or trust which converts, modifies, or otherwise alters a marine product manufactured by another person, firm, association, corporation, or trust.
(4) "Manufacturer sales representative" means any officer, agent, or employee employed by a person, firm, association, corporation, or trust that fabricates, manufactures, or assembles marine products or by a factory branch for the purpose of making or promoting the sale of marine products or supervising or contacting marine dealers or prospective dealers.
(5) "Marine dealer" means any person who holds a bona fide contract, agreement, or franchise with a manufacturer or distributor of marine products.
(6) "Marine product" means a new or used watercraft, boat, vessel, or motor primarily designed for recreational or commercial use on water. The term also includes an outboard motor or a boat outfitted with an inboard or outboard motor. The term shall not mean a watercraft designed primarily for commercial use.
Graham Syfert - Jacksonville Lawyer