2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 12 - CONSERVATION AND NATURAL RESOURCES
CHAPTER 3 - PARKS, HISTORIC AREAS, MEMORIALS, AND RECREATION
ARTICLE 7 - PUBLIC AUTHORITIES
PART 1 - JEKYLL ISLAND--STATE PARK AUTHORITY
§ 12-3-231 - Definitions
As used in this part, the term:
(1) "Authority" means the Jekyll Island--State Park Authority created by this part.
(2) "Bonds" or "revenue bonds" means any bonds issued by the authority under this part, including refunding bonds.
(3) "Cost of the project" means the cost of construction; the cost of all lands, properties, rights, easements, and franchises acquired; the cost of all machinery and equipment; financing charges; interest prior to and during construction and for one year after completion of construction; cost of engineering; architectural and legal expenses, cost of plans and specifications, and other expenses necessary or incident to determining the feasibility or practicability of the project; administrative expense; and such other expenses as may be necessary or incident to the financing authorized by this part, the construction of any project, the placing of the same in operation, and the condemnation of property necessary for such construction and operation. Any obligation or expense incurred for any of the foregoing purposes shall be regarded as a part of the cost of the project and may be paid or reimbursed as such out of the proceeds of revenue bonds issued under this part for such project.
(4) "Master plan" means that document to be created under the auspices of and adopted by the authority of Jekyll Island and as it may be amended from time to time pursuant to Code Section 12-3-243.1
(5) "Park" means present and future parks, parkways, park and recreational resources and facilities of the state or any department, agency, or institution of the state, and any such facility constituting part of the State Parks System and shall specifically include Jekyll Island State Park.
(6) "Project" means any subdivision, hotel, cottage, apartment house, public building, school, utility, dock, facility, watercourse, airport, bridge, golf course, tennis court, or other resort recreational facility. This term also means one or a combination of two or more of the following: buildings and facilities, and all other structures, electric, gas, steam, water, and sewerage utilities and facilities of every kind and character deemed by the authority to be necessary or convenient for the efficient operation of any department, board, commission, authority, or agency of the State of Georgia.
Graham Syfert - Jacksonville Lawyer