2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 12 - CONSERVATION AND NATURAL RESOURCES
CHAPTER 5 - WATER RESOURCES
ARTICLE 10 - METROPOLITAN NORTH GEORGIA WATER PLANNING DISTRICT
§ 12-5-574 - Powers; approval of plan non-binding on finances; extension of time for preparing plan
. Powers; approval of plan non-binding on finances; extension of time for preparing plan
(a) The district shall promote regional coordination and cooperation through the exercise of the following powers:
(1) Development of regional and watershed-specific plans for storm-water management taking into account recommendations developed by the basin advisory councils;
(2) Development of regional and watershed-specific plans for waste-water management taking into account recommendations developed by the basin advisory councils;
(3) Development of regional and watershed-specific plans for water supply and water conservation taking into account recommendations developed by the basin advisory councils;
(4) Development of regionally consistent policies, model ordinances, and minimum standards of performance for local governments relating to the creation and implementation of the plans developed by the district;
(5) Development and coordination of an effective regional and watershed-specific water quality monitoring program and development and maintenance of a corresponding data base reflecting available monitoring data;
(6) Establishment of education programs on water quality issues and promotion of water conservation;
(7) Identification of funding sources, including without limitation federal funding sources for the creation and implementation of plans provided for under this article;
(8) Entry into contracts with both public and private parties in connection with the exercise of the powers and duties of the district;
(9) Development of measurable short-term and long-term goals for water quality and conservation improvement;
(10) Development of a program to identify and implement structural controls and nonstructural controls needed to achieve the goals for water quality and conservation improvement; and
(11) Reviewing and reporting on the progress of implementation of the water plans and achievement of the water goals developed pursuant to this article.
(b) Approval by the district of any storm-water management plan, waste-water management plan, water supply and conservation plan, or other plan pursuant to this article shall not obligate any governing authority comprising a part of the district to provide funding for facilities planned or constructed pursuant to such plans which do not provide services to all or a portion of the population of such governing authority proportionate to any cost allocation.
(c) No extension of time by the board for preparation of a plan provided for under this article shall exceed six months, nor shall more than one extension be granted for any such plan.
Graham Syfert - Jacksonville Lawyer