2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 12 - CONSERVATION AND NATURAL RESOURCES
CHAPTER 6 - FOREST RESOURCES AND OTHER PLANT LIFE
ARTICLE 2 - GINSENG PROTECTION
§ 12-6-151 - Definitions
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Commissioner" means the commissioner of natural resources.
(2) "Ginseng (Panax quinquefolium L.)" means a single stemmed plant arising from a cylindrical root, with prongs (compound leaves) attached to the stem. Each prong is divided into three to seven leaflets. The flower of the plant is green and is located at the leaf petiole. The fruit is a cluster of red berries.
(3) "Ginseng dealer" means any person who purchases ginseng for the purpose of resale.
(4) "Grower" means any person who cultivates ginseng for purposes of sale or export from this state or both.
(5) "Harvest" means to cut, dig, pull up, or otherwise remove a plant or its seed from its habitat.
(6) "Person" means any individual, partnership, firm, corporation, association, or other entity.
(7) "Purchase" means to acquire, obtain, or receive, or to attempt to acquire, obtain, or receive, by exchange of money or other valuable consideration. This term specifically includes barter or exchange.
(8) "Sell" means to dispose of, transfer, or convey, or to attempt to dispose of, transfer, or convey, by exchange of money or other valuable consideration. This term specifically includes barter or exchange.
Graham Syfert - Jacksonville Lawyer