2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 12 - CONSERVATION AND NATURAL RESOURCES
CHAPTER 8 - WASTE MANAGEMENT
ARTICLE 7 - PRODUCT PACKAGING
§ 12-8-161 - Definitions
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Board" means the Board of Natural Resources.
(2) "Distributor" means a person who takes title to products or packaging purchased for resale.
(3) "Manufacturer" means a person who offers for sale or sells products or packaging to a distributor.
(4) "Package" means a container which provides a means of marketing, protecting, or handling a product, including a unit package, intermediate package, or a shipping container. The term "package" also includes, but is not limited to, unsealed receptacles such as carrying cases, crates, cups, pails, rigid foil and other trays, wrappers and wrapping films, bags, and tubs.
(5) "Packaging component" means any individual assembled part of a package, including but not limited to interior and exterior blocking, bracing, cushioning, weatherproofing, exterior strapping except for steel strapping which contains less than 100 ppm lead, coatings, closures, inks, labels, and tinplated steel that meets the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) specification A-623.
Graham Syfert - Jacksonville Lawyer