2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 15 - COURTS
CHAPTER 16 - SHERIFFS
ARTICLE 3 - SHERIFF OFFICES' NOMENCLATURE
§ 15-16-52 - Definitions
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Badge" means any official badge used in the past or present by members of any sheriff's office.
(2) "Emblem" means any official patch or other emblem worn currently or formerly or used by the sheriff's office to identify the office or its employees.
(3) "Office" means any sheriff's office.
(4) "Person" means any person, corporation, organization, or political subdivision of this state.
(5) "Sheriff" means the sheriff of any county in this state.
(6) "Willful violator" means any person who knowingly violates the provisions of this article. Any person who violates this article after being advised in writing by the sheriff that such person's activity is in violation of this article shall be considered a willful violator and shall be considered in willful violation of this article. Any person whose agent or representative is a willful violator and who has knowledge of the violation by the agent or representative shall also be considered a willful violator and in willful violation of this article, unless upon learning of the violation he or she immediately terminates the agency or other relationship with such violator.
Graham Syfert - Jacksonville Lawyer