As used in this part, the term:
(1) “Athletic trainer” means a person licensed under this part who has met the requirements of this part, including the education requirements established by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education or its successor organization and necessary credentials from the Board of Certification.
(2) “Athletic training” means service and care provided by an athletic trainer under the direction of a physician as specified in s. 468.713. Such service and care must relate to the prevention, recognition, evaluation, management, disposition, treatment, or rehabilitation of a physically active person who sustained an injury, illness, or other condition involving exercise, sport, recreation, or related physical activity. For the provision of such care and services, an athletic trainer may use physical modalities, including, but not limited to, heat, light, sound, cold, electricity, and mechanical devices.
(3) “Board” means the Board of Athletic Training.
(4) “Board of Certification” means the nationally accredited certifying body for athletic trainers or its successor agency.
(5) “Department” means the Department of Health.