This part does not prohibit or restrict:
(1) A person licensed in this state under another chapter from engaging in the practice for which he or she is licensed and acting within the scope of such practice.
(2) An athletic training student acting under the direct supervision of a licensed athletic trainer. For purposes of this subsection, “direct supervision” means the physical presence of an athletic trainer so that the athletic trainer is immediately available to the athletic training student and able to intervene on behalf of the athletic training student. The supervision must comply with board rule.
(3) A person from administering standard first aid treatment to another person.
(4) A person authorized to practice athletic training in another state when such person is employed by or a volunteer for an out-of-state secondary or postsecondary educational institution, or a recreational, competitive, or professional organization that is temporarily present in this state.
(5) A person providing personal training instruction for exercise, aerobics, or weightlifting, if the person does not represent himself or herself as an athletic trainer or as able to provide “athletic trainer” services and if any recognition or treatment of injuries is limited to the provision of first aid.
(6) Third-party payors from reimbursing employers of athletic trainers for covered services rendered by a licensed athletic trainer.